[Original blog post can be found here.]
The holidays are coming and with all the cheer they bring comes all the stress too. Between juggling family commitments, planning meals, buying gifts and trying to negotiate your way through long lines and crowded malls, you can find yourself feeling overwhelmed, tired, and stressed out. Then there is the holiday stress of not having all those things when we find ourselves facing the holidays alone. It can be a tough time.
To help you through it all, no matter which camp you may be in, consider scheduling yourself a Therapeutic or Relaxation Massage with Holistic Body Harmony in Seal Beach.
For so long many have considered massage a luxury or a “treat” that you only get on a special occasion like a birthday or maybe something you gift someone at Christmas. But for all that we do with our bodies and to our bodies, it’s time to start seeing massage for what it can truly be – maintenance.
Reasons Why You Should Book Your Next Massage with Holistic Body Harmony
1. It reduces stress – Aside from holiday stress, we all deal with day-to-day stress like work and traffic. If you find yourself dealing with continual stress, massage can offer true relaxation and a much-needed break away from the stressors. Continual stress causes muscles to become incredibly tight and tense.
Here’s a quick test: using your fingertips feel the muscles in your upper back between your neck and your shoulder. How did that feel? Tight? Sore? Lumpy? If so, those lumps or knots are probably the results of stress. Having regular massage helps to alleviate the tension that leads to sore and knotted muscles.
2. It helps with aches and pains – A major complaint of those who seek out massage therapy is that of low-back pain. Sitting at a desk for long hours or working on your feet all day may contribute to low-back pain. In addition to low-back pain, neck and shoulder strain is also experienced by those who spend their days in front of a computer or answering phone calls. Massage alleviates the aches and pains we experience as a result of how we live day to day.
3. Improved sleep – The deep relaxation experienced after a massage carries on through the day and into the night, giving us deeper more restful sleep. You wake up feeling refreshed and replenished.
4. Depression and anxiety – The nature of massage being concentrated touch in a safe environment can be deeply emotionally nourishing for those dealing with depression and anxiety. It instills a feeling of connection and care which improves one’s mood and outlook.
5. Promotes relaxation for those living with cancer – For Holistic Body Harmony, working with cancer patients is an important part of its work. Massage can help relieve the fatigue of chemotherapy as well as nausea associated with it. And just as stated above, cancer survivors can reap the same benefits of improved sleep, lessening depression and anxiety, and relief of aches, pains, and stress.
What is a Relaxation Massage?
This is another name for a Swedish-type massage which uses light pressure, long smooth strokes along the lengths of the muscles, and is mostly concerned with increasing your circulation and releasing tension.
How Does That Compare to a Therapeutic Massage?
In a Therapeutic Massage, you will have deeper pressure applied to a focal point such as the knot in your shoulder. There will also be the longer strokes mixed with the gentle kneading of the muscles. Heating elements such as warm stones might be used in specific areas to further aid muscle release.
The two major concerns surrounding massage generally revolve around cost and discomfort with disrobing.
Do I have to get completely undressed? The answer is no. You disrobe to the level of your comfort and modesty. You will be covered with a sheet and blanket and the therapist will make sure that you are modestly covered with only the body part being worked on at the time uncovered.
How much is this going to cost me?
What’s great about Holistic Body Harmony is that they offer services at a reasonable rate. What’s more, they offer packages which give you a discount when you buy multiple sessions at once. Nowadays many insurance providers cover massage as a complementary course of treatment. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can book a massage appointment using your insurance, read this.
Whatever you may be dealing with – holiday stress, work stress, life stress, stress-stress – having a Relaxation or Therapeutic Massage with Holistic Body Harmony will help you de-stress. You will leave feeling relaxed and renewed.
You’ll be glad you did it. So will your body!
Holistic Body Harmony
Call or Text Today!
https://www.verywellhealth.com/massage-for-cancer-2249314; accessed 11/15/18
Author bio: Tamara Jefferies is a freelance writer and editor living and working in Long Beach, CA. To learn more, please visit http://www.tamarajefferies.com.